The organization has a clearly stated mission and purpose, approved by the board of directors, in pursuit of the public good. All of its programs support that mission and all who work for or on behalf of the organization understand and are loyal to that mission and purpose. The mission is responsive to the constituency and communities served by the organization and of value to the society at large. We believe the continued success of Center for Community Resources depends upon maintaining these high standards of performance, professionalism and ethical conduct.
A personal commitment to integrity in all circumstances benefits each individual as well as the organization.
Center for Community Resources employees and volunteers:
- Respect and seek out the truth to avoid misrepresentation; Ensure fairness and objectivity in all activities; Set an example for high standards of professionalism; Honor the right of privacy of all people, including consumers, co-workers, and volunteers;
- Promote public confidence in non-profit institutions.
As an employer, Center for Community Resources promotes professional excellence and encourages open and honest communication among all employees to create an atmosphere conducive to personal growth and career development.
Center for Community Resources Management:
- Encourages employee development, and communicates with staff to help them achieve their career goals; Evaluates employees on a fair and consistent basis, so that all employees know what is expected and how they are progressing toward fulfilling expectations; Shows respect and empathy for employees, and is considerate while being mindful of managerial responsibilities;
- Regularly solicits and respects the opinions of subordinates.
- Strive to meet performance standards at the highest level; Refuse to engage in or tolerate any fraud, misuse, abuse or waste of the agency’s resources; Encourage growth and self-improvement in themselves and co-workers; Exhibit respect for co-workers and all those with whom they come in contact; Have the courage to face situations squarely and offer a minority opinion when necessary; Examine all alternatives with the understanding that the easiest action is not always in the best interest of the organization; Comply with all legal requirements concerning mental health and substance abuse; Comply with all other laws and regulations affecting the agency and their own personal obligations; Discuss any questions concerning interpretations or compliance with the Code of Ethics with their immediate supervisor or a member of management;
- Encourage the reporting of breaches of the Code of Ethics policy and protect those who report.
ACCOUNTABILITY AND EFFICIENCY
The continued success of Center for Community Resources is dependent on public trust earned through ethical, honest, fair, and responsible service to its consumers, external providers, volunteers and the entire community. Center for Community Resources must demonstrate the highest standards of performance and professionalism. We will:
- Provide comprehensive and timely information to the public, the media, and all stakeholders; Respond in a timely manner to reasonable requests for information; All information about Center for Community Resources will fully and honestly reflect the policies and practices of the agency;
- Ensure that all spending practices and policies are fair, reasonable and appropriate to fulfill the mission of the Center for Community Resources; Provide financial reports that are factually accurate and complete in all material respects;
- Spend an adequate amount on administrative expenses to ensure effective accounting systems, internal controls, and competent staff manages its funds responsibly and prudently;
- Comply with all laws, regulations and policies established for non-profits; Demonstrate sound financial and administrative management practices through auditors’ reports and other valid documentation.
Vendors in our service area are treated fairly to avoid favoritism or the appearance of impropriety. Center for Community Resources:
- Affords all vendors in our service area the opportunity to offer or qualify their products or services on a competitive basis;
- Conducts all competitive bidding in a fair and professional manner, giving no special preferences or advantages to any vendor.
DIVERSITY AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
Center for Community Resources is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principle of diversity. Employees and volunteers:
- Value, champion and embrace diversity as an integral part of their business; Respect co-workers and other individuals without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin or ancestry, martial status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or status as a qualified disabled individual; Support equal opportunity programs; Refuse to engage in or tolerate in others any form of sexual harassment as prohibited according to the Sexual Harassment policy as communicated in the Human Resources Policies and Procedures;
- Strive to create an environment conducive to professionalism.
No employee or volunteers should accept any form of gratuity for doing their job; therefore, employees and volunteers:
- Do not solicit or accept gratuities, gifts or favors, other than promotional gifts of nominal value, for yourself or your family; Do not accept food, transportation, lodging, or entertainment unless directly related to Center for Community Resources business;
- Do not use agency resources for personal gain.
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
To avoid even the appearance of conflict of interest which would tarnish the image of Center for Community Resources and undermine the public’s trust, Center for Community Resources employees, volunteers, and board members will:
- Avoid any activity or outside interest which conflicts, or appears to conflict, with the best interest of Center for Community Resources, including involvement with a current or potential consumer, external provider, or vendor unless disclosed to the employee’s immediate supervisor;
- Refrain from participating in or influencing any decision or other action of Center for Community Resources that could result in a direct or indirect benefit to his/her family or any organization with which the employee, volunteer, or board member is substantially affiliated.
Confidentiality is a hallmark of professionalism. Center for Community Resources employees, volunteers and representatives shall:
- Ensure that all information which is considered confidential or privileged or which is not publicly available is not disclosed inappropriately;
- Ensure that all non-public information of any persons or organizations acquired by Center for Community Resources personnel in dealing with outside organizations or on behalf of Center for Community Resources is treated as confidential and not disclosed.
Center for Community Resources employees, volunteers and representatives are encouraged to disclose any perceived breaches of the Code of Ethics of which they are aware. Disclosure should be made to a supervisor or a member of management. Disclosure can also be made anonymously by calling the agency Compliance Hotline at 724-431-0082 or also in writing and sent directly to the Compliance Officer. Any reported breaches will be investigated and appropriate action, if needed, will be taken. Confidentiality will be maintained for the individual disclosing the breach, unless the matter raises serious legal implications.
Center for Community Resources management will not take any adverse action against employees solely for disclosing perceived breaches of the Code. Center for Community Resources encourages all employees and volunteers to be prompt, open and forthright in reporting perceived breaches of the Code of Ethics according to the agency’s corporate compliance plan.